Monday, August 15, 2011

Hey Parrot Heads! Mizzy is Baaaaack! I have 2 1/2 shows I'm doing per week now and I hope to see you there. :) On Sundays I'm DJing True Blues from 2pm to 4pm SLT, a show which explores the wide range of blues, sometimes with a theme, sometimes just some darn good blues. On Wednsdays, Ladies Night- Not just for the ladies!- is back, featuring all women artists from blues, rock, and classic rock and maybe a few surprises tossed in, 6pm to 8pm SLT. Some Fridays you can find me sharing Willy's slot, doing Mizzy's Masters of Rock, featuring the best in classic and modern rock from 60s to 90's and a few more recent.

I'm glad to be back at the Parrot, seeing old friends and making new ones, and working with Fi and Bob and Jas as managers and very excited about the changes. I look forward to meeting many new faces I haven't seen yet at my shows. And don't foret the Apocalype WOW! event this Friday, August 19, 12-6pm SLT, to raise funds for Direct international, a terrific organization that does medical/disaster relief work in all 50 states and around the world, and goes whereever needed in emergencies. They use 100% of donations for direct aid, having a stable internal foundation covering all of their small overhead, and take no government grants of any kind, so are completely neutral. Check them out at http://www.directrelief.org before the event!

See y'all at the Parrot soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment